No, about 80% of our students come by themselves. We exchange partners very frequently during our lessons, so you will have a chance to dance with everyone.
When do I start?
You can start today, or whenever the next class is available. Please check our calendar. Our classes are held on a drop-in basis, so you don’t have to wait for a new session to start. (except Level 6)
Are you using any COVID-19 safety measures?
Some of the measures we are using for the safety of our students, staff and families:
- Our staff will be wearing masks during the classes.
- Masks are recommended and will be available for students.
- Hand Sanitizer and "Sanitation Break" during our socials.
- Contact Tracing. Class Registration helps us keeping organized and detailed rosters of each class or social.
- Transparency. We trust that you can contact us in case of infection, and we will communicate immediately to those who might have been in contact with you.
- Privacy. Your privacy is our priority. None of your information will be shared with anyone or any other entities
- Community Safety. As our dance community interacts between different events and dance companies, we will try our best to support one another and work together towards the safety of each members of our community.
Do I need to pre-register?
Yes, our classes are opened to the public on a first-come-first-served basis. We have a limited amount of spots available for each class. Please follow the registration process to reserve your spot. This also helps us with contact tracing.
How much do the lessons cost?
Prices are $10 per lesson.
What kinds of payments are accepted?
At the moment we are only accepting credit cards (Visa or MasterCard) or debit cards payments. Please use our Registration page to purchase your pass for the class.
Where are the classes?
All our classes take place at Carmen’s Cuban Cafe:
108 Factory Shops Rd
Morrisville, NC 27560
When are the classes?
- Level 1 – Tuesday at 7pm
- Level 2 - Tuesday at 8pm
- Level 3 – Wednesday at 8pm
- Level 4 – Thursday at 7pm
- Level 5 – Thursday at 8pm
- Level 6 – Monday at 7pm
- Level 7 – Monday at 8pm
—Level 1 Wednesday at 7pm.
Check our calendar for more detailed information.
How much experience do I need to take the lessons?
To start with our dance program, you need no experience at all. Our beginner lessons are crafted to walk people through the basics and give them a good foundation for the next levels.
I have taken lessons before. Which class/level should I take?
Check our syllabus and our level chart so you can have a better idea where you belong. If you are still not clear, ask Betto during one of our social dances and he will give you an informal evaluation and recommendation.
What should I wear?
If you are coming to our beginner classes please wear something casual and comfortable. We have a party soon after the class. For all our other classes you can wear casual, dance or fitness clothes as you prefer.
What type of shoes should I wear?
Just wear comfortable shoes at the beginning. There is no need to invest in dance shoes for levels 1 and 2. Once you get to levels 3 and beyond, we recommend you purchase ballroom shoes. Proper footwear will help you learning new techniques and skills with much ease.
What are private lessons?
Private instruction is a private hour-long class with the instructor. You may opt to take it with a dance partner, but it’s not necessary. The price of a private lesson varies from $50 to $100 depending on the instructor. To schedule a private, please contact one of our staff directly.