Level I Salsa – Beginner (1st class)
Tuesdays 7 – 9 pm
- Steps or Footwork: Basic Step, Side Step, Back Step, Front Step
- Partnerwork: Frame, Extension, Back Rock, Front Rock
Level II Salsa – Beginner Intermediate (4 classes)
Tuesdays 7 – 9 pm
Left Turn, Half Left, CBL (cross body lead), Leading and Following of Left Turn and CBL w/ Left Turn
Right Turn, Half Left, CBL, Leading and Following of Right Turn and CBL w/ Right Turn
Left Turn, Half Right, Counter CBL, Leading and Following of Left Turn and Counter CBL w/ Left Turn
Right Turn, Half Right, Counter CBL, Leading and Following of Right Turn and CBL w/ Right Turn
Level III Salsa – Advanced Beginner (6 classes)
- Turns/spins – Back Hook, Right Side Turn
- Shines – Suzy Q, Uptown-Downtown
- Partnerwork – Right Turn w/ Back Hook, CBL (cross body lead) w/ Back Hook
- Turns/spins – Front Hook, Left Side Turn
- Shines – Mambo Walk, Grapevine
- Partnerwork – Right Turn w/ Front Hook, CBL w/ Front Hook
- Turns/spins – Left and Right Side Turns
- Shines – Two Corners, Front Double Cross
- Turns/Spins – Back Hook, Double Back Hook Turn
- Shines – Front Flare, Slave
- Partnerwork – Left Turn w/ Back Hook, Sweep
- Turns/Spins – Front Hook, Double Front Hook
- Shines – Hook Step, Cuban Side Charge
- Partnerwork – Left Turn w/ Front Hook
- Turns/Spins – Prep for Double Right Turn
- Shines – Front Slide, Front Cross Over
- Partnerwork – Prep for Double Turn, In and Out
Level IV Salsa – Intermediate Class
The material covered during this level is to enhance and compliment all the material previously learned and can be taken as many times as desired.
Class #1: Musicality (Open for Level 3 Dancers)
- Learn how to understand to move with the music and different syncopations of Latin Music.
- Partnerwork – Learn how to match breaks and melodies while connected with a partner.
Class #2: Pachanga
- Get the flavor of this style and how to have fun with this contagious rhythm.
- Partnerwork – We will work on your wrap-arounds combinations and how to execute them with style.
Class #3: Boogaloo
- Catch the groovy swing of this psychedelic dance from the 70’s.
- Partnerwork – We will work on your preps for double and triple turns.
Class #4: Latin Jazz
- Learn how to use the full length of your extremities to create artistic lines.
- Partnerwork – We will work on how to utilize the space to create quick exchanges of placements with your partner.
Class #5: Bachata (Open for Level 3 Dancers)
- Footwork – Learn proper bachata footwork, turns and different stylish variations.
- Partnerwork – We will work on how to connect with your partner in close frame and feel each other’s movement.
Class #6: Afro-Cuban Movement
- Learn how to use the full range of motion of your body to interpret the music beats.
- Partnerwork – We will work on flow and how to tie moves together with ease.
Class #7: Cha-cha (Open for Level 3 Dancers)
- Footwork – Learn proper execution of figure 8 movements and sharp feet.
- Partnerwork – We will work on proper connection on open leads to communicate with your partner.
Class #8: Mambo
- Footwork – Learn to execute fast footwork with precision.
- Partnerwork – We will work on hand-tosses, illusions, hair-combs and hand tricks.